Isla del Sol - Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Isla del Sol
November 17th 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

CopacabanaCopacabanaCopacabana

Bolivia
15/11-17/11/07

We arrived in Copacabana and checked into Hotel Emperador. That night we experienced one of the most amazing thunderstorms ever. It felt like we had gone into battle and were under attack. It then proceeded to bucket down. Our good intentions of catching the 8.30am ferry to Isla del Sol were dampened by the sound of rain at 7am but Robin kicked us outa bed and the four of us jumped on the ferry. They said it would take 2 hours. I couldnĀ“t work out why it would take so long but then the ferry started up and chuggered along at about 2km per hour. The slowest boat on the planet. I think I could of swam faster. Nevertheless, we arrived having not sunk to gorgeous sunshine on the Island of the Sun.

The next five hours we hiked from the north to the south end passing by the Sun Temple, the Rock of the Puma (not sure where they see the Puma) and took in some great views of Isla del Sol and Lake Titicaca hiking along the ridge. 10km at 4000m asl. No easy feat for me but I made it and have decided to give hiking a miss for atleast a couple of weeks.

Back on the ferry, chugger, chugger, chugger we arrived back in Copacabana for the night before an early departure for La Paz for 1 quid (3-4 hour bus ride) the next morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Paul & I - View of Lake TiticacaPaul & I - View of Lake Titicaca
Paul & I - View of Lake Titicaca

Isla del Sol - Bolivia
Lake TiticacaLake Titicaca
Lake Titicaca

Isla del Sol


Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb