Inca Islands


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

After leaving La paz we headed for the largest body of water in the world at such a high alltitude. Lake Titicata. The lake is situated on the border with Peru. The trip did not get off to a good start as the Bolivian cuisine finaly caught up with me and my stomach, so the bus journey there i was struggling to keep my stomach contents inside, turned out to be a difficult task.

Anyway got to the main town on the lake called cocacohbana (i cant spell), if you didnt know the beach in rio is named after a shrine kept in this town. We managed to check into a hostel and got a private room for under a pound each a night, cheapest on the trip! While a was in bed all feverish and all, the boys went and had an explore they returned only briefly to get a few things as they were off to peru side of the lake to vsit some man made islands. I spent the night on the toilet or in bed- nice. The guys came back the next day though and we moved into another hostelin town. We decided to stay in the town for the next 2 days as the champ lge semis were concluding, enough said about that. During those days we had a loke around the town etc went to see the shrine and booked our boat to the Island of the sun (ilse de sol).

Its an Inca island that is situated in the lake. It is partner is the island of the moon, but we didnt have time to go and see that unfortunatly. We stayed 1 nighton the island which was very scenic. We did some treking and saw a couple of the villages on the island. There was one pitful though to get up onto the island from the port you had to climb some Inca stairway- very beautiful but brutal aswell, as we were 4000m up the air is quite thin, and i dont lie when i say it was physically the hardest thing i have done in a long time, especially with backpack in tow (and keeping up with a bloke showing us where to go)

After leaving the island we Headed back to La Paz so we could head to the salt flats.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb