Cochabamba


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Cochabamba Department » Cochabamba
November 25th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cochabamba has a big Jesus modeled after the one in Rio. You can take gondolas up to visit him and climb up his spiral spinecase to his chest/underarms for about 12 cents. The Gondola Jesus park is sponsored by Coca Cola (which, by the way, is impossible to find cold).

We also stopped by the main PC Bolivia office to pick up some books and Newsweeks and ended up getting a full tour (and a cookie) and talked with the country director. The office is a beautiful, sparkling, four story building. The volunteer lounge is two stories and looks like a suite from The Princess. They have a full kitchen, fridge, microwave, oven, plush couches, tables, DVD library, carpet, everything. Their computers have lots of stuff on them like Skype so I'm not buying the automated no we consistently get from Myra every time we want something done with the computers. We complained in VAC for the whole last year that the computers weren't networked and were told that it was forbidden by Washington due to security and now I just got an email saying they were networking the computers. Stupid. The PCVs were having PDM so we saw a couple of them.

Stayed there for a couple of days then headed back to La Paz.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb