I saw a condor - WOW!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we set off early with the whole group for a tour of the Tierra del Fuego National Park area. We had a lovely guide called Everlyn who looked just like our Broads Authority Ranger Elaina! She took us on hikes in the amazing scenery of the National Park along side the sea shore, lakes and with ice topped mountains all around. The air is SOOOOO fresh it's wonderful. The cameras were out snapping the fantastic views and wildlife. And yes we did see a CONDOR. I even managed to get a great photo. They are so awesome with their huge wing span with fingered feathers at the ends. We also saw Southern Crested Caracara a huge bird of prey that swooped down and landed right by some people eating their picnic by the shore. It was just like a pigeon or seagull hassling for food!

We made it to the furthest point it's possible to get to in Argentina (if you look on a map its the corner of the right angle part of the border south west of Ushuaia).

Another fantastic trip. This holiday is already surpassing expectations!

Advertisement



23rd March 2009

group dynamics
great to hear about all the fab wildlife you've seen - already! and to hear about the nice folks in the group. Fab! enjoy xxx

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.1kb