Fitzroy?


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Chaltén
December 16th 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

...so what´s at Fitzroy? Why do we need to go there? We arrived whilst it was clagged in, one went straight to the chocolateria, two did a sock stocktake...an hour later as we dragged ourselves away from our pressing engagements, one went off to the latrine and stopped in her tracks, "Good Lord!", another returned to find one lounging in awe in the middle of an empty paddock, "what are you doing out here?", "looking at the view" "What view...Holy Heck!!"

The clouds had parted to reveal the formidable peaks of Cerro Fitzroy and Cerro Torre looming high above. Under which we enjoyed an amazing Argentine BBQ with the welcoming park ranger Alejandro, and some Norwegian climbers (wonderful to meet some Norwegians, given every corner we come around is apparently "Just like Norway"). Again, not in town for 10 minutes and we had a social engagements.

At 2am, Kate genuinely feared for the structural integrity of her trusty Minaret when a honey coloured, fluffy little patagonian raton made it´s way dangerously close to Aroha´s sleeping bag (the very same mouse Penelope had silently evicted the evening before). Raucous laughter and giggling echoed throughout the National Park. (Ed´s note IT HAD SNUGGLED INTO MY NECK!! A few shrieks were certainly in order)

In between rest days in the rain, we entertained ourselves with the local walks - the views were alright too.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb