From Huge Steaks To Huge Ice..Argetina has it all!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
November 28th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dancing In The StreetsDancing In The StreetsDancing In The Streets

First day in and already the locals are dancing it up for us.
So we flew from Rio to Buenos Aires and headed straight down to PLaza Doreago to be greated by a line of people dancing down the street to some amazing drumming, tango dancers swanning around the plaza, jazz musicians playing in the street, empanadas (south american pasty) the size of your head and freshly squeezed orange juice being sold at the side of the street..... doesn´t get much better than that for a welcoming commitee.

We loved our time in Buenos Aires as it is an amazing city with a real European flare combined with a South American flavour, an amazing combo! We did the usual recommendations of seeing a tango show and going to a restaraunt that sold steaks the size of half a cow and served it with some very tasty local wines.

Then we had to wander off leaving Kiran to enjoy more of Buenos Aires while we flew down to start our time in Patagonia in El Calafate where Perito Moreno Glacier lies. We have just spent the day at the glacier and it was awesome! It was a day of spectular views from the land, lake and from the ice itself.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Don´t Cry For Me ArgentinaDon´t Cry For Me Argentina
Don´t Cry For Me Argentina

Me at Evita´s grave in the amazing Recoleta Cemetry. I am smiling as the song says ´Don´t cry for me Argentina¨ and I wouldn´t want to cross Evita.
Everyone Is Dying To Get InEveryone Is Dying To Get In
Everyone Is Dying To Get In

Apparently it is cheaper to spend a lifetime living in decadence than to get burried in the Recoleta Cemetry. Some of the graves like this one were like mini-cathedrals complete with leadglass windows!
Huge Slabs Of MeatHuge Slabs Of Meat
Huge Slabs Of Meat

Here is the obligatory ¨the tastiest meal I have ever eaten¨photo. It was amazing and the steaks were the size of half a cow. They were partnered with some incredibly rich and tasty side dishes which are also pictured here... sorry have to stop and wipe the dribble from the corner of my mouth as just thinking about that meal makes my mouth water.
It´s Hard Work All This Eating and DrinkingIt´s Hard Work All This Eating and Drinking
It´s Hard Work All This Eating and Drinking

Kiran just can´t keep up with the pace of Buenos Aires
Amazing Things Can Happen At The GlacierAmazing Things Can Happen At The Glacier
Amazing Things Can Happen At The Glacier

Walking on water! All that and more can happen at the glacier!
The GlacierThe Glacier
The Glacier

In the words of the great Vanilla Ice... ¨Ice Ice Baby¨ Sarita stands and tries to figure out how long it would take to crave this little number into a swan - it would make a nice ice sculpture for maybe Harn or Kiran´s weddings!


29th November 2008

cooler
Wow - the glacier photos are stunning.
30th November 2008

I'm not that lazy!
Seriously that amount of meat would send anyone a bit sleepy (not to mention the company I was with!) ONLY JOKING! Missed you guys when you left but the glaciers look amazing-just like the pics in the hostel.

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb