Argentina and Fiestas Patrias Festivities in Chile


Advertisement
South America » Argentina » Salta
September 21st 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

As I write this, my mind is consumed with the fact that--in a few days at this time, I will be HOME!!! But, since Kurt is home now, I must do something to pass the time until I leave...so, thought I would update the blog from some fun recent times here in Antofa and Argentina. I guess I can't be too jealous of Kurt since I got to go to Argentina and he had to stay here and work! But we had a f... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Pena! An amazing gaucho show!Pena! An amazing gaucho show!
Pena! An amazing gaucho show!

One of my favorite nights for sure!!!
I, of course, danced the queca in front of a hundred or so of my closest friends!I, of course, danced the queca in front of a hundred or so of my closest friends!
I, of course, danced the queca in front of a hundred or so of my closest friends!

They select random people from the audience to dance and provide a lovely skirt! Very fun although I had no idea what I was doing. There is a video, too! I think Alison will black mail me with it someday! :)
Watching the actual processional...on TV.Watching the actual processional...on TV.
Watching the actual processional...on TV.

Although our hotel was minutes away from the square--we did not dare to venture into the 500, 000--that's right--500, 000 person crowd of people to see the statues taken into the cathedral. Not really necessary to be around that many people who had been walking for days and sleeping outside in 97 degree weather. So we had a nice lunch outside the city and watched from bed in A/C. That and we had a super late night the night before (6 am-sih...the only late night while there--so being old ladies, we needed to recover a bit!:).
Back in Antofa for the 18th!Back in Antofa for the 18th!
Back in Antofa for the 18th!

Chileans are only allowed to fly this many flags in September. This is from our bedroom window. It is hard to see them all, but there are countless flags scattered among the hillside.
One of the partiesOne of the parties
One of the parties

At the rodeo in Antofa...kids, and everyone dances and celebrates Chilean Independence Day!
Some crazy people all dressed up!Some crazy people all dressed up!
Some crazy people all dressed up!

EVERYONE dresses up! Check out these boots on the kiddo!



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb