Happy Canada Day!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
July 2nd 2006
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well its been a few days. We´ve been too busy enjoying the craziness of northern Argentina to get in any updates... so here goes.

The bus ride wasn´t too bad over from Puerto Iguazu but 26 hrs is a little much. And we only had semi-cama seats, not cama so they were too narrow to sleep very well.

After arriving in Salta we spent Canada day just relaxing and moseying around the town on foot. There are a lot of cool old buildings and one crazy church. we walked in thinking we´d get to see the church but there was a service going on at like 9pm on saturday night. and it was PACKED in there. so we just hung out for a minute and listened ot the priest in spanish then made a nice quiet exit.

I find that people are staring at us a lot. Mostly me. I don´t know if its because i´m so attractive or what 😊 maybe because i have shorts and a t-shirt on and they all have their coats and hats and scarves because its the middle of winter. Why can´t it be 20 degrees and sunny every day in winter in Newfoundland?

We went up this gondola up a huge hill/mountain right next to the bus station. What a view!! The city of Salta is in a valley about 1100m above sea level and its surrounded by mountains. VERY picturesque. after coming down off that hill we saw some peddle boats on a cute little lake kindof like bowring park with all kinds of ducks. for only $1.50 for 20 mins we couldn't resist a little jaunt around the pond. very cute and relaxing...

Sunday we´re going on a 14 hour bus tour of the northern areas and into Jujuy (pronounced huh-hooey i think). should be good!

oh yes and we had crazy steak for supper tonight. I thought the steak i had last week was pretty rare but this one was insane. at least it was hot all the way through. if i get cold steak i will not be impressed... haha

there were no canadians around here to help us celebrate canada day 😞 i even brought a pack of flags with me but we thought we´d look like idiots parading around with them and not even being able to tell people in spanish that it was canada day... but we were happy all the same.

until next time.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb