Site seeing.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
August 24th 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

A really big water featureA really big water featureA really big water feature

Up on the lookout above Salta, you get here by cable car.
We stayed at Backpackers Soul. We walked around Salta, went up the cable car to a lookout of the town. It was a cool overcast day. The lookout site had a large water feature that was very tastefully done.
25th We walked around town some more and we caught an overnight bus to Corrientes.

26th Arrived in a cold hole called Corrientes. Paul booked us in a room that was not much bigger than a cupboard and felt like a fridge. I stayed in bed all day trying to get warm and Paul walked around town.
27th Caught a taxi to the bus stop and managed to get seats on the bus leaving in half and hour for Iguazu. We stayed at Hostel Noela, this was a nice place and close to town. We had a really nice meal at a Parrilla restaurant. We ran into a large group of teenage American Kids and Paul went over and spoke to their group leader who said she was there to spread the word of God. She was different, probably voted for Bush.

28th We spent the day at Iguazu falls, these were very beautiful, huge, quite unbelievable. It was very
Chaps wearing chapsChaps wearing chapsChaps wearing chaps

We were walking along the street and came across these horsemen
well set out for the tourist, with a walkway going three quarters across the river, the river was over a kilometer wide, with a large volume of water flowing down fast. This walkway took us to the top of the falls to look down and then we walked to other walkways that gave you looks at other waterfalls and then we walked to the river at the bottom. Here we had a powerboat ride.

The boat ride took us right up to the falls and under them. We all got absolutely drenched. My boots were full of water, my raincoat was useless. Wet as. This was great fun, three times we went under the waterfall, called the Devils throat. We saw some wildlife, birds, heaps of bandicoots and two toucans. We expected the trees to be bigger, it was bit like second growth in New Zealand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb