A whistlestop tour


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
August 19th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Salta La LindaSalta La LindaSalta La Linda

Beautiful Salta's Franciscan Church, with the highest church tower in South America...apparently!
We were so happy to welcome Ronnie and Mario, our friends from Buenos Aires, to Salta for a few days. So here's a few photos dedicated to their trip.

We hired a car and visited Cafayate and the red rock quebrada on the way up there. The Dique La Cienaga for a fish lunch on Sunday was also on the agenda with a lovely drive through La Cornisa, the twisty road through the jungle.

We also went to the "Boliche Balderrama" which is supposed to be THE peña show to go to. It was good, but not THAT good!

I think the local economy was sad to see them go as Ronnie bought gifts for all of her extended family wherever we went!

Look forward to seeing you two again in Buenos Aires at the end of September.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Look Up!Look Up!
Look Up!

The wonderfully decorated cupola inside the Franciscan Church.
The "Zamba de Balderrama"The "Zamba de Balderrama"
The "Zamba de Balderrama"

With the words in front of you, it's hard not to sing along, isn't it!!
Young and Foolish?!Young and Foolish?!
Young and Foolish?!

The dancers got younger and younger. This one wasn't the youngest of the night!
Sapo - The ToadSapo - The Toad
Sapo - The Toad

On the way up to Cafayate you pass this natural rock formation. Can you tell why they call it "The Toad"?
Chin ChinChin Chin
Chin Chin

We'll drink to that! The wine was superb! http://www.bodegaeltransito.com/
Macanudo MarioMacanudo Mario
Macanudo Mario

The new face of Quilmes beer?
Trish in her element!Trish in her element!
Trish in her element!

Relaxing after sampling some wine!
La CornisaLa Cornisa
La Cornisa

The wonderful winding road to El Dique La Cienaga.
Mario and Ronnie pause to take in the view...Mario and Ronnie pause to take in the view...
Mario and Ronnie pause to take in the view...

...or was it for a break from Russ' driving?!!
Lunch by the lakeLunch by the lake
Lunch by the lake

The pejerrey was superb, as was everything else.
Quilmes, The Drinking Man's Beer!Quilmes, The Drinking Man's Beer!
Quilmes, The Drinking Man's Beer!

Come on Quilmes, you know this man is the face you've been looking for to promote your product!!!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb