Lookout for the LLama empañadas


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
January 30th 2007
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Mendoza we arrived in Salta expecting to find dry desert-like conditions, what we found was the opposite. Warm and humid air hung above the green palm trees of this colonial city. The architecture was reminiscent of Spain and the people and feel of the city were fantastic. We were pleasantly surprised by Salta. After spending some das just walking about, exploring the city and visiting the lively public market, Laurence adn I headed out for a night of live music at a pena, where folklorico music is played. Great night of drinks and finger food, including what would turn out to be a deadly llama empanada.

That night after returning home, the phychadelic effects of bad llama, a hot room and a buzzing overhead fan wreaked havoc on me. I was tripping out most of the night and had a terrible stomach ache and the associated effects of the Incas revenge, (like Montezuma but weäre in the and of the Inca). Woke the next morning with a terrible fever and chills, races to the bathroom and total nausea. Fortuntely Laurence had yet to feel the effects of the llama and helped nurse me back to a decent state. that is until she fell ill with the same ailments that night. Needless to say, we did not eat much for a couple days and stayed in bed most of the time until the effects of the food poisoning had run there course.

Unfortunately we had already booked a jeep tour into the surrounding areas and Laurence was unable to make this, having had to sell her tour ticket to a young German fellow. So, me and Heiner a recent economicäs grad headed into Argentina's Puna and salt flats. Now I know your saying, German and economics now that is a bundle of laughs, well we ended up having an alright time even though he ended up getting a mild case of altitude sickness.

The tour started in the jungles around Salta and headed up into the Puna and elevations of 4000m to 5000m. Visited with locals working in the salt flats, a terribly hard job on the face and hands. Imagine intense heat, blinding light and the effects of salt on the skin and you can begin to understand the tribulations of these hardy folks living of the salt.

Continued on the tour finishing in a
Llama pornoLlama pornoLlama porno

I couldn´t help myself, you should of heard these two!
beautiful village named Purmamarca, where hippies filled the town square. Now not being overly ond of travelling hippies, I did enjoy the young guys entertaining the crowd on this day and revelled in a beautiful afternoon in Argentina. The tour lasted all day and when arrived back in town I was happy to see that Laurence had recovered and was up and about. Salta was great and we are both excited to be heading to Bolivia and a new country. It has been an amazing 5 months in Argentina and memories thatI will not soon forget but the adventure must continue and Bolivia becons. Ciao to Argentina.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Man working the saltMan working the salt
Man working the salt

Some of the toughest working conditions around


12th February 2007

Long time no hear.....
Jason It looks like you have been having an amazing time. I have been missing your blogs so I did a search via google and found you had made 5 posts since I last heard from you. I am not getting notification by e-mail anymore - not that you care, but I thought you were on hiatus. Anyway we miss you guys, stay safe, and we'll see you when you get home. PS you do a great job of bringing your trip to life for me. I hope you kept notes for your future book!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb