The Heights and lows...


Advertisement
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all.

First must say thankyou to Lotte for an interesting blog entry from STOP Hostel, Iguazu. Cheers! I know this blog is quite late but so much is happening so quickly at the moment that its a lot to take in for me... never mind u! So what have I been doing? Well the first leg of the trip was spent in the Argentine Capital: Buenos "Fucking" Aires!!

The journey started in Manchester where we flew to Paris and connected to Buenos Aires airport. The epic long haul flight was very uncomfortable and so sleep wasnt an option. In BA we spent a few days staying with Conrad´s cousin, and model Chelsea. Chelsea knows BA pretty well after living here for over a year and so after arriving sweat and underslept on her doorstep we were quickly introduced to all the coolest places to stoll, shop and hang out in BA. Highlights must include the Santelmo a district famous for its vintage shops, lively street market and of course Tango dancing. We got a bit of a taste for the carnival atmosphere as we watched a local "Murga" street band party with tourists and locals alike. Another district worthy of note must be La Boca, on the docks, famous for its brightly painted houses (using left-over paint from merchant ships) and Boca Juniours Football Club.

Chelsea by the way, was a brilliant host. She practically vacated the flat for a couple of days so we could have space to unwind, chill and get over our jetlag. But when she wasnt out partying 😉 she was happy to show us round, buy us beer and generally pamper us. She even called us her "sausages." Cheers.... but seriously she is a brilliant person and despite the obvious, you would never know she was a model. We enjoyed some good times and some good chats with her while in BA. Wouldnt have been anywhere near as good without her!

Overall my impressions of the city of BA were mixed, it really is a city of contrast - only 10 minutes on the bus and we had gone moved from the poverty-stricken Villas (shanty houses) to the spiralling, gleaming skyscrapers. I would have liked to have spent more time in BA, as we didnt really have a chance to really explore the various city districts only the cultural highlights, however this is the nature of travel I guess. Maybe one day I will return... who knows....

Hope u enjoyed this entry, and keep reading.

Peace, Alex xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb