Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes


Advertisement
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our first stop into Argentina was Bariloche. We made it there for New Years Eve and spent it in the main plaza counting down the time with all the Argentinos. The next day we headed out to Colonia Suiza to camp for a couple days. We stayed at a beautiful campground next to one of the many lakes in the area. This was a nice place to camp because it was a little community outside of Bariloche that was filled with bars and little tiendas. The second day we rented bikes and headed out to the famous "circuito chico". This was a 35km bike ride up and down hills along four different lakes and many view spots. On our way back we stopped and did a little two hour hike up a mountain, which treated us with an amazing view of the whole area. I believe that this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. Words can not describe so I am not even going to try, and leave it at that.
The next day we headed to San Martin de los Andes. A small picturesque town a little outside of Bariloche. We found another camping spot and spent the next couple of days hiking around the hills and relaxing at the lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb