Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, after those two days on the bus, I arrived in the beautiful mountain town by the lake, Bariloche! If you picture Switzerland, a little bit of Heide, a little bit of Austria and then all that maybe even a tad better... that is Bariloche! Not bad, eh? So the first day here, Dagmar, another German from Hamburg who I had met on the bus and I took a local bus a little outside of town and then rented mountain bikes to bike the extremely scenic Circuito Chico inside the National Park Nahuel Huapi. We had once again only sun and a cool breeze and took our time, stopping and going for little walks, taking lots of pictures and enjoying the great down hill rides after pedaling our butts off on the long uphills! 😊. When we got back I joined up for dinner with a friend who was studying Spanish with me in Buenos Aires and we just shared our experience of travels of the last three weeks, ate fantastic steak and had a lot of red wine to go with it! Got to love Argentina.

Today, Andreas (also from Hamburg), Dagmar and girl from Amsterdam who met at the hostel, and I hiked up to Cerro Catedral, which is the famous ski area here in Bariloche. It was another grueling steep uphill, but when rewarded with views, glacier lakes and pizza at the refugio, who can complain 😊.

Since we are all going out for dinner now, here are just a few more pictures and hasta luego amigos!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



5th December 2008

Wow............these are the most stunning pictures yet.....awesome. Glad that you are having a great trip! Enjoy the last week!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb