Bariloche pt1


Advertisement
Published: February 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bariloche Centre CivicoBariloche Centre CivicoBariloche Centre Civico

complete with rare statue of Rocas
From the R40 bus stop we jumped in a cab to our hotel up the hill. Quck wash and brush up before a short walk to a good steak and red wine dinner in a restaurant down the road that looked like Bilbo Baggins´place in Lord of the Rings.

Next day was a blur of blogging, laundry, photos to CD etc together with walking around town. After the time on the bus this seemed and is very touristy, at least in the centre with chocolate and t-shirt shops galore. But the setting is magnificent with the lake and the mountains. In the evening we went to a Hansel and Gretel styled restaurant for really good fish.

Valentine´s Day we went out on the local bus to peninsula Llao Llao for a scenic walk in the woods followed by a visit to the very up market Llao Llao hotel for a sandwich, too late for lunch too early for tea. A grand hotel in a great position overlooking the lake. We don´t have either the budget or the right RP accent to stay here. I heard some of the english guests talking and I was already reaching for my AK47.

In the evening we went out for some romantic pasta! But it was good and we did have to queue along with lots of others.

We are coming back to Bariloche next week so will do more then, or maybe not.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb