Lake District- Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rev and Me Rev and Me Rev and Me

We rented bikes to check out the surroundings of Bariloche
Here are a few pics from our short stay in Bariloche.

It was quite a spectacular area and I would have loved to spend a few more days there. There was however very little to do during the day since it was the transitional season between summer and winter (ski) season. We did however manage to find a few activities to do, and visited Bariloche and the surrounding area.

We spent a day cycling around the lakes which was fabulous and a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of Vancouver and the surounding Islands- simply stunning! We also did canopy, i call it zip trekking. It s where you swing from tree to tree! Very fun!!!
Unfortunately we weren t able to do any kayaking and tried so hard to find somewhere to do it but we simply missed the season. In the end we compromised with Canoeing which was fun until you had to row back against the current!

The nightlife in Bariloche (for what we saw) was however disapointing. We were told that it is well known for it s nightlife but maybe people meant in the summer!

The nice thing about
Rev zipping!Rev zipping!Rev zipping!

Zip trekking
Bariloche is that it is a town surrounded by nature where you can easily get away from people if you want to (or vice versa)! Bariloche would be a fab place to rent a hut/house by the lake for a week or more in the summer. The setting is just fab and the people are so friendly. It s kind of place where people still hitch rides. In the summer there is apparently so much to do! I am definitly going to have to come back to Bariloche. I absolutely loved it!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Swiss Village in BarilocheSwiss Village in Bariloche
Swiss Village in Bariloche

The Swiss came and settled on the outskirts of Bariloche! They have the cuttest community!
BarilocheBariloche
Bariloche

Spectacular!!! It is such a gorgeous place!
CanoeingCanoeing
Canoeing

Would have prefered to Kayak but had to settle with canoeing
BarilocheBariloche
Bariloche

fabulous colours!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb