Here we are in chololate heaven.


Advertisement
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Again we had to leave a city we had become comfortable in, so we bused to Bariloche. The bus left Mendoza at 8 pm and we got to Bariloche the next day at 1 PM. We are staying at a hostel run by a New Zealander - 41 below. It is a great place and again we are becoming comfortable. It is very pleasantly cool, nice to sleep with a blanket on and a cool breeze coming in the window. While walking around it is too hot to have a jacket on and too cold to not.
This is like Queenstown but has buildings in the Swiss Style. They consider it quite wet here, 20 inches of rain a year. But across the lake it is about 70 inches. The town is built on the side of a lake with hills around. They all depend on water from the Andes. The town centre has really old buildings, built of stone and wood. There are Saint Bernard dogs with barrels under their chins! There is some snow on the surrounding hills, we've seen pictures of the town covered in snow. Thank goodness there is none now.

I have been going to a Spanish language school, to learn a bit more. Hopefully my mind won't go blank when I have to ask questions and that I will understand the answers. Time will tell.

There are lots of chocolate shops here, we even went to a chocolate supermarket. We had to try some of it, we also went to an ice cream parlour with 6 different chocolate ice creams.

Paul went up a ski lift and down a luge, 1 km from town which he really enjoyed, other that that and a bus ride we are just hanging out, while I try to learn the language. Catch you later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb