Chocolate city - Bariloche, Argentina


Advertisement
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was so nice to step back into Argentina again. The journey from Pucon to Bariloche was one of the best bus journeys l´ve ever taken. Directly through all the mountains and lakes in the south part of Chile and Argentina, the lakes were emerald blue color, the mountains were glistering in the sun.

Bariloche is a big city surrounded by lakes and snow dusted mountains part of the Patagonia Region. This was Argentinas little playground, with again, more advenuture activities you can think of and noted for some of the best mountain scenery in the world....and a hell of a lot of Chocolate shops.

Bariloche has a massive Swiss influence which becomes apparent once you see all the chocolate shops on every cornor of town and top skiing facilities around Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi. The houses in the national park are prodominently owned by Swiss and worth over US$.5mil. A beautiful part of Argentina, slightly more expensive than Buenos Aires to live.

A trek along the Catherine Mountains and around Nahuel Huapi lake put the icing on the cake and left me in love with Argentina. A beautiful place to grow up, lots to do and see, as like the rest of Argentina the food it great, the people are friendly and everything is cheap. The scenery of the lakes district from the Argentinian side were more picture perfect than the Chilean side, check out photos attached.

Two days was no where near enough time to spend in Bariloche for the number of activities l wanted to part take, unfortunately our kayaking was cancelled due to windy weather (story of our trip!) so we induldged in chocolate shops and retail theorapy instead before heading up to Mendoza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th December 2006

It figures
Trust you to be at all the chocolate shops!!!

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb