Hippies, Beer, and the Big Lebowski


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
July 10th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Outside of Bariloche there are lots of scenic roads, like the seven lakes lakes route, little touristy hamlets, and there´s El Bolson. I took a roadtrip with a Kyle, an Aggie, but hey a fellow Texan in Argentina, and Megan his friend from California. The first day we headed south to El Bolson, which has a reputation as a hippie town. come to pass, most of the people we met were in fact BA burnouts who had moved out there for a change of lifestyle. we climbed a mountain for some incredible views of the valley, and on the way back to the hostel, stopped at the El Bolson Brewery (there are lots of breweries in those parts) and had some incredible beers, including chile beer like that in texas...and we all decided it was magic hippie beer because despite the amount we drank in high altitudes, none had a hangover. that night, one of the hostel staff (a ba burnout) got out his guitar and played for us (we were the only guests) for several hours songs in english. at the end he started playing the big lebowski theme song and said it was his favorite movie. well i started shooting off quotes and he flipped over the ones from the cowboy narrator in the movie being said by a genuine texan.
Unfortunately we couldnt stay a few more days, we continued our road trip through the seven lakes, but it was pretty rainy and less eventful.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

the overlookthe overlook
the overlook

Argentina
kyle and ikyle and i
kyle and i

Argentina


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb