el bolson


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
May 17th 2006
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

el bolson


El bolson is the hippy town of Argentina. We arrived and could not find a hostel in the village and so took a taxi 2 a hostel 4 k out of town, pretty much in the middle of no where!! We loved it here as there were no other backpackers and we had a big fire and an aga to cook on. The hostel was by a river and was really peacefull and beautiful. Me, Nikki, Jenny and Rach had a night in around the fire and our other 4 mates arrived the next day!! The four of us decided to go and see the carvings at the top of a mountain ( yes everything in argentina involves hard work!!!) So we hitch a lift to town and try and hire bikes and they laugh at us and see it is way to steep. So we pay the taxi to take us up part of the mountain. Oh my god it was the scariest journey ever, round and round and up this mountain, a kind of mud/stone road and I was totally losing it (silly me sat in the front)!!! So scary, got out the taxi and had a 50 minute steep climb 2 the top. But is was so worth it as there are loads of carvings of loads different shapes and things in the trees. Amazing views!!! We started our decent down and after 2 hours of walking managed 2 hitch at the bottom of the mountain and the guy who picked us up was one of the sculptors, so that was a great end to the day. Next day we went 2 the local market (El Bolson is quite famous for the markets), it was a beautiful day and and we spent the whole day drinking the local home brew beer and smoking the grass that we scored from the local hippies. Felt like being at a mini festival and we all loved it. Built a fire by the hostel and spent the night around the fire!!! Very chilled out little place. Off to bed in order to be up to catch a bus at 8am!!! We did make it in time for the bus, the only problem was that the bus did not show up as it had been stolen the night before!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb