Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
November 14th 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The road from Bariloche to El BolsonThe road from Bariloche to El BolsonThe road from Bariloche to El Bolson

Stunning scenery and very sparse traffic all the way...
Mention El Bolson and you'll hear from folks (and the guidebooks) "hippie town." So I was thinking stinky, tie-dyed, unwashed, dreadlocked stoners reeking of Patchouli banging on djembes like chimpanzees. Well, happily, I can say that wasn't the case at all. The only thing hippie about El Bolson that I noticed was the "all-natural getting back to nature" vibe of the place -----and I think that's a good thing. At first glance, El Bolson looks a little rough around the edges but look a little closer and you'll see its charm. I liked El Bolson a lot and if you're looking for a nice little town to spend a few days being a little closer to nature but with all the comforts of home nearby, then this is the place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

El BolsonEl Bolson
El Bolson

No way you can miss this wonderful little place. The beer here is awesome...
Cerveceria El BolsonCerveceria El Bolson
Cerveceria El Bolson

A little slice of heaven...
El BolsonEl Bolson
El Bolson

Nectar of the gods at Cerveceria El Bolson------Cerveza Trago (wheat beer)
El BolsonEl Bolson
El Bolson

The cabana where we stayed. It cost about US$20 per night. Talk about a bargain...
El BolsonEl Bolson
El Bolson

Cascada Escondida
El HoyoEl Hoyo
El Hoyo

A few km south of El Bolson is the small town of El Hoyo. The picture doesn't do it justice but this little valley I have proclaimed The Perfect Spot In The Whole Wide World Where I Would Like To Settle Down, Buy A House And Some Land, And Live Happily Ever After...


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb