Ravishing Route of the Seven Lakes


Advertisement
Published: October 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rocky Road Trip Forested lakes and rivers, charming alpine towns, and wind-whipped rock formations on a rocky road that gave us a wild ride--this was the scenic Ruta de los Siete Lagos through Argentina's Patagonian Lake District. Best of all, I was with a friend in a car, and the autumn crimsons, violets and golds were blazing. My dear friend, Nancy, from Santa Barbara had flown to Bariloch... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




25th October 2012

Wow
I am always so excited to see a blog from you. Not only are you in some of the most beautiful areas I can imagine, you take pictures that bring that beauty alive on my screen. I couldn't rate your panorama shot at the top, but if I could, it would receive a 10 star rating even though we can only give up to 5 stars. Keep traveling, blogging and posting your photos.
25th October 2012

Thanks, Brendan, that's so sweet of you to say so. Since you're from CA, maybe you know the CA painter, Maxfield Parrish. That panorama looks just like his work. And hey, maybe we'll meet in Peru in March!
26th October 2012
Villa Angostura, soon buried in ash

I like it
This photo almost makes me feel like taking a nap. Sweet dreams.
26th October 2012
Villa Angostura, soon buried in ash

Sweet dreams
Thanks Penny and Gary for the sweet words. I guess we travelers are always having sweet dreams.
28th October 2012

TBs PATAGONIAN RESIDENT
Villa Angostura with ash 2-feet deep covering the town from the Volcano Puyehue eruption. Bariloche and Villa Traful also buried, the lake district losing its entire winter tourist and ski season...can't imagine these places like that...not when we were there...reminder how tenuous life is but how strong the human spirit to rebuild. We spent a few days in Los Antiguos that had been wiped out by a volcanic eruption and rebuilt...seeing the families swimming in the lake gave no clue to how quickly it can change. Yet in all your blogs of Patagonia...still some special wilderness places left for me to blog...maybe one day!
28th October 2012

Patagonian brother
I guess in the coming years with climate change, the human spirit will have lots of opportunities to rebuild. I'd love to see blogs from you on Patagonia, as I hope to write of my adventures down in southern Patagonia. I guess if we haven't finished writing about the South, we can still be there in spirit.
9th January 2013
Villa La Angustura lake shore

Wow
I can look at this photo the whole afternoon. Ok. Maybe with a cup and thermos of coffee to nourish me. Tara, such stunning photography! I have no DLSR but I'm curious what cam you are using and where you learned to take all these astounding photos!
18th January 2013
Villa La Angustura lake shore

Thanks so much!
Thanks for your kind words about my photos, Lili. The truth is, I'm just lucky and see beauty everywhere. I'm too lazy to use a DSLR. For these photos, I had an ultracompact Lumix. I dropped it too many times and had to replace it at the beginning of 2012, so now I have a compact Sony that I just leave on automatic. I think your photos are great also and love your adventures!
9th January 2013
Lake Nahuel Huapi

Can't stop.....
Ticking all those star boxes. [:)]

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 17; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb