Bike trip day 2 and 3


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones
March 21st 2009
Published: March 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


finally uploaded some pics!!!!


hello,
So we are still alive here in Argentina. We have just completed day 3 of our bike trip. After day 1 we were ready for anything, but day 2 and 3 were all about riding. Day 2 started off slow, we found out the protesters were still out there and still had the road blocked. Wow were we lucky to get through or we would have still been stuck there. So luckily going north was all good. We hit the road around 10am, and tried to make up some ground. With no working speedo we used my little gps unit to figure out our speed via rpms. So finidng a good 65 to 70mph range off we went. Driving here is not that bad, other than never ending construction and road signs that i have no idea what they mean. Most of the roads have been 2 lanes so its like a game, your always having to slow down, then pass a truck. Trucks are only allowed to go 80kph, and cars go 120kph, so its a never ending game of pass the truck. Lanes dont mean much either, double yellow, single yellow, no yellow, its all the same, pass when you want. And speed limits dont seem to matter much, half the cars on the road would never be up to american standards, so they go about 50kph an hour if thier lucky. We have learned that making good time doesnt really happen here, even when i think we are going good for a long time, we still dont seem to get to far. So day 2 we rode about 500km, arrived in paso de libros around 5pm. We try and stop every hour, otherwise our butts get very numb, and C becomes very unhappy after about 1.5 hours, i can feel her moving and shaking back there.And a unhappy C makes for a unhappy ride... haha. The police have checkpoints every so often, sometimes they stop us, sometimes we pass, luckily all i have had to show is my illinois driver license and state farm insurance card so far, they seem really impressed with that state farm card, works every time soo far. So day 3 started ok, got a little lost leaving town, but found the highway, and off we went. We decided to have a shorter day since we couldnt make it all the way, so why not just break the total distance in half. and have 2 short days. So we rode about 400km today. Arrived in Obera around 3pm and had a chance to relax a bit. Todays riding was about the same, nothing to exciting. The landscape has finally changed, and its straing to look like a jungle out there, go figure we are only a few hundred miles from the brazil border and the amazon!!! Ohh and boy is it hot and humid..


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb