Over the Andes and into Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
July 29th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mendoza and San Juan



After a free upgrade on the bus to Cama class (the equivalent of business class on a plane - which has meant we can now never go back to semi-cama, economy!) we started our journey over the Andes and into Mendoza, one of the wine regions of Argentina. The landscape was beautiful and the border crossing relatively painless.

We found our way to Hostel Lao and from the beginning were very happy with our accommodation - Will especially as our first night out was to a local microbrewery. We headed out with a great group of people and had our fare share of honey beer! The week continued in the same fashion, lots of food, alcohol, social activities and sleep. We had an evening of charades and mulled wine (not helping our feeling that Christmas was just around the corner), our very own asado (BBQ) complete with blood sausages and movie night, and a bicycle tour around four of the local vineyards. The latter caused some laughs, Tory realised she is not one for the bikes and spent the whole time struggling with gears on flat surfaces - it may have been the wine!

After a sad farewell to Hostel Lao we headed on our way to San Juan. We were glad to have only spent one night here as there was very little to do other then see some dinosaurs!

Next stop Cordoba.

Travelers tips: only stay in San Juan if you are going to visit Parque provincial de Ischigualasto - fossils and things!

Guilty pleasures: blood sausages, malbec, more malbec, and more malbec...


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Charades Charades
Charades

followed by the game with no name, even though we got the rules very wrong.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb