Mendoza is the BEST!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
November 27th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent a fortune on the bus to mendoza. It was an amazing bus for the first 40 minutes then they bought us back to reality with a huge thud by putting us on another bus. Still quite nice but put us back into our budget.

The journey was fine. As we arrived at the bus station a women approached us and asked if we wanted an apartment. Thought it would be out of our range but turns out its $10 each and the hostels were $9 so we took it.

It was very small but in a good location and had everything we needed. We went out to book our wine tour straight away and nothing was really very good. So, we went to the hostel that we were going to stay at and booked through them.

As it was saturday night we wanted to go out. We went for a meal amnd ordered what we hoped was steak and luckily it was. Niks was the size of Japan though. After Nik finished her bear like portion and I couldnt finish mine, we were feeling quite tired but finished our wine and were up for carrying on the night. However, we couldnt find anywhere to go and when we asked everyone they said everything was far away and we would need I.D.

We couldnt be bothered with all that so ended up finishing our night in one of the many AMAZING icecream parlours.

We didnt have anything planned for the next day so had a lazy one. Bought more jewellery for ourselves. The weather was beautiful so we just chilled out in this beautiful park. Nik and I have decided that we officially love Mendoza and could easily move there. Really nice city.

We did dinner alot later that night and got our first full size bottle of wine since arriving in Argentina (whats that 3/4´s and 3/8´s about). Reckon they are doing us out of some good wine. Really chilled but nice night. Still didnt get home until 1.30am. Everything starts late in Argentina.

The next day was our wine tour . . . . . so exciting. We made our way to the hostel and they gave us lunch. We then got picked up in a car with a nice South African guy called John and a polish women called Anya (married and had been living in England for years). Really nice couple. We got to the starting place where we got our bikes - yes we did a wine tour on bikes, lol.

It was such a cool day. There were 6 wineries, an olive factory, a chocolate factory and a restaurant. We ended up going to the first winery. We did a tour of the museum and then did some tasting, they were generous with the wine portions but there were four left so the four of us felt obliged to have a second glass.

We then went to the chocolate factory where we were given chocolate and chocolate liquers. Mine was lovely but Niks chocolate and mint shot had a strong kick to it. Made her down it - good girl!!

A german girl called Andrea joined us by this point.

The next winery was closed and we didnt want to go to the restaurant.

So we moved on to another and this one was fantastic. The guide said we could go around on the tour which would be in spanish but that was it because you have to reserve an english tour prior. We agreed to go on the spanish tour but luckily the couple who the tour was for said to do the tour in English so everyone understood. Thought, what a lovely couple.

Anyway, after the tour we could do some tasting or by bottles which all cost a fair bit. However, the guy who we did the tour with turned out to be rich and was about to buy his own winery. He turns round to us all and offered to buy us a bottle of rose Melbec (beautiful and not cheap). We sat outside on the roof terrace in the gorgeous weather and then he buys us another one. Well, as you can imagine we were loving it.

We were there for ages and once we left we all were quite giggly.

We rode to another winery and got impatient as no one was around and we would have to wait 30 minutes for the next tour. By thispoint we all only had one agenda.

So we rode towards the end winery and olive factory but we passed an Irish couple on the way and they said not to bother (no freebies).

We ended up riding to the last open winery. Had a quick tour and then got onto the tasting. Tried four wines and then bought a bottle to end the day. By the time we had finished we only had 15 minutes to ride all the way back in time for our car transfer home.

Was never going to happen. Anyway we got back and it went really quick so my advice is to get tipsy before you do any bike ride because it goes alot smoother and doesnt hurt your bum as much!

We made it back and only 15 minutes late. Our car wasnt even there so we sat down and chilled out with an icecream.

The day was so much fun and we were all quite merry by the end so thats a bonus.

Nik and I were catching the 8.15pm bus to Buenos Aires so had a good hour and a half to wait. We had showers at the hostel and then took our key back to the apartment but the landlady who lives above wasnt there. She had left a note to say leave the money on the side and put the key through the window.

We did do this but because we thought she had messed us about abit (earlier on) and was abit cheeky we left her 20 pesos short. Now, I know this is naughty but it was fair under the circumstances. Plus, we then had an apartment for two nights at the same price as an 8 bedded dorm in a hostel, fantastic!!

Hope Karma doesnt come around and bite us on the arse because we are good people really!!

We got the bus on time. Really nice bus, still felt quite tipsy. They provided us with loads of food. Neither of us could sleep properly all night though which was a shame. Arrived in Buenos Aires around 10.30am.

Got to the hostel and just slept for a few hours to catch up.

So, we are in Buenos Aires and I cant tell you anything about it apart from its huge (13 million population) and famous for Evita, lol.

We mainly know that the night life rocks and doesnt really get started until 2am so we have a couple of good nights ahead of us. Will try and see the city as well though.

Thats all for now, going to go and chill then get ready for the night ahead. Will update you all soon.


Love you all lots with Jelly tots x x






Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb