Todos Bien!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
January 30th 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guanakos (think that´s how you spell)Guanakos (think that´s how you spell)Guanakos (think that´s how you spell)

These creatures are the oddest and cutest animals going around! They are a cross between a camel and a llama and walk in such an odd way, actually we were horrified to find out we´d eaten one in an empanada (equvilent meat pie in Argentina)
Hi everyone,

So where to begin?? Patagonia was absolutely amazing so I have a few more pics for you to check out. I can´t get over the amazing views! So now I´m in Mendoza, the wine capital of Argentina with Bridge and Liv and a girl Mel who I met while in Patagonia, it´s a cute little city, very similar to BA, could definately live here, mum you would love it in Argentine it is seriously very European and i think Italy would be very very similar to here! So we´ve been seriously chilling out for the last few days, going on a bike wine tour tomorrow which will be good fun and have just been enjoying each others company. I just booked a hike up to Confluencia, in the national park Aconcagua which should be amazing. Going with two Spanish blokes who hopefully know some English and then I´ll head towards San Juan and do some hiking around Valle de la Luna which looks amazing, cross fingers it works out and i make it to Salta in time for my flight to Iguazzu!

Happy birthday also to Soph and Jesso!! I´m sure I´ve also missed plenty of others
Torres Del Paine National ParkTorres Del Paine National ParkTorres Del Paine National Park

This is a photo of the gorgeous national park mountains we hiked in for 3 days. It was absolutely amazing scenery and damn hard hiking but so so worth it!
too so wishing you all the best, i´m hopeless over here with remembering things like that so i apologise thousands and thousands over...we´ll have a wine or two when i get home! Also was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who needs a housemate?? I´ll be back early March so open to any suggestions!

Anyway, still loving life and hope everyones well.

Todos Bien

Hay x


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Ok so this is really bad on my behalf but lacking the memory to pinpoint the name of this waterfall, how bad is that! Hope I wrote it down somewhere...oops. Anyway it was absolutely spectacular.
Torres Del Paine National ParkTorres Del Paine National Park
Torres Del Paine National Park

Ok so this is how high we hiked everyday this was a killer hike, only 2 of us went in the fast group and my blisters by the end of this one were horrible! But hey check out the view it was well worth it!
Magellane Penguinos Magellane Penguinos
Magellane Penguinos

Ok can you believe in spanish penguin is penguino, how cute is that! These are the penguins we went to see, so cute but hey don´t match the fairy penguins, they live in the Magellane straight that separates Ushaia (end of the earth) from the rest of Argentina and the waters owned by Chile, gosh these 2 countries hate each other!
Ushuia - Beagal ChannelUshuia - Beagal Channel
Ushuia - Beagal Channel

Check out these sea lions and their fellow bird friends. This was a cruise down the channel in Ushuia, the most Southern city in the world, closest to Antarctica....known as the end of the earth! It was a cute little town and this cruise was very cool although we were all pretty hung over and i think snoozed for around half an hour of on the top deck! oops!! However the night before we had seen the hottest man in the world at the end of the world fancy that and guess what his name was....Angel - ha - hillarious!


6th February 2007

Ciao Hayley, What beautiful places you are getting to see...you have certainly inspired me to look into visiting Argentine. Cute penguins. Are these all your photographs?...because if they are maybe you should take this up as a serious hobby. Looking forward to the next blog. Love Mum xxx

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb