DAY 19


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Jujuy » La Quiaca
July 21st 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we arrive at Villazon by overnight train, well rested and excited about our trip. Today we say "good bye" to Bolivia and "hello" to Argentina. Catch a cab from train station to border. Spend our last bolivianos as we dont want to take it home and pointless to change the few we have left. I purchase some bread and some coco mate leaves. Enjoy some breakfast at the border - bread and coke =) Next we cross the Argentinian border into La Quiaca. We catch a cab to our accomodation - one of the most expensive ones so far. La Quiaca is a dead town with nothing to do or see. Dusty as hell. We were so hungry for a decent meal and all the shops were closed (maybe because it was Sunday), the only thing open was a bakery - just great, more bread, buns and croissants, we were so fed up of eating bread - never eaten so much in our lifes as we did in South America. We managed to book some tickets from tomorrow morning from La Quiaca to Salta. With that sorted we just relaxed and had a lazy day as there wasnt much we could do. The shower was one of the best so far and we had a tv in the room, watched a couple of movies, had a few drinks (wine and brandy) while we reflected on the trip so far. Then it was time to call it a day, went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb