Oktoberfest!!


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oktoberfest

On Sunday 11th October, Rick and Lizzy ventured away from Cordoba for the day to visit Villa Belgrano. It is a small German town about an hour away from the centre of Cordoba. It is a nice town which during October hosts a huge beer festival called Oktoberfest. We weren’t about to miss an opportunity to visit an Argentina/German beer festival now, were we…

The bus journey there was an experience in itself as it was the first time we had seen the surrounding mountains/lakes of Cordoba. It was beautiful. As it was the weekend you could see lots of families gathered round the lakes with picnics.

Once we arrived we were both really excited!! The place was packed full of people and it was a lovely day for it. We both bought our silly hats (check out the photos) and our large German tankards and we were ready to go!

We had to queue for over half an hour in the baking sun but once inside it was all worth it! There was a huge stage where different musical acts were performing and round the edge we had all the different varieties of beer/food stalls.
The beer wasn’t really up to the high quality German standard of beer, but was good.

After consuming our fair share of beer we relaxed in front of the stage to take in the festivities. It was interesting as the music/dance on stage was not at all related to either Germany or Argentina! We had Scottish bagpipes, Irish Riverdance and funny dancing from Belarus and Greece. Weird…

Our bus was booked to take us back to Cordoba for 1am and when we strolled up to the station we realized that getting on the bus wouldn´t be quite as simple as we thought.
Basically there weren´t enough buses for people and we had to fight out way to the front of the crowd to make sure we got on. We already knew before we left that all the hostels were fully booked so if we didn´t want to be sleeping outside, we needed to get on! Luckily we did!







Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb