Cordoba - Students and German U-boats!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
July 26th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Cordoba today. Argentinas second biggest city. Too be honest my least favourite of all the places we have been so far. It´s a big city, but not that much to see. The centrer is more like an typical English shoping centre. Got some boxer shorts which were really expensive! They don´t sell things in packs here. I think a gap in the market! We went out to an all you can eat restaurant and then went to club where the vodka was about 3 quarters of the glass and the rest coke, so you can imagine it was quite messy! We went on a day trip to 2 German towns. The first I think was called La Cumbracita and the second, Belgrano. The first was a little chalet town set in the Sierras Grande. It was okay, but not that special although there was a very pretty waterfall at the end. Belgrano was a town that was settled by the crew of a German u-boat that was damaged by a British ship during WWII. Apparently they wanted it to be a closed German community, but the Argentinians weren´t having it so the Germans burnt the Argentinian flag. The Argentinians weren´t too happy about that so they named the town Belgrano after the guy who designed the Argentinian flag and named every street in Spanish! I think things have calmed down now though! Anyway leaving today for the Iguacu falls. 20 hour bus trip! Apparently they are the most spectacular waterfalls in the world. Infact I have spoken to some people who actually got emotional when they saw them so I´m taking tissues! It´s much warmer there; 27 degrees celcius so I can feel some major bronzing coming along. Lots of love!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb