A marine wildlife paradise


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
January 25th 2006
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello

After a good bus journey (with bad films) we arrived in Puerto Madryn, put our tent up and headed off on a bike to find some sealions.

Noone told us that it was 100% gravel and sand and would be like near on impossible to move! But we managed to go 17kms there and 17kms back! but when we got there the ranger told us the bad news.... there ís only 1 sealion and hes asleep, the rest are out at sea eating.

Puerto Madryn is a lovely seaside town, its the Welsh settlement in Argentina. Its windy like Wales and smells very seaweedy (also like Wales). It has roads named Gwenyth and Davis etc, but its not Wales.. theres no rock!

We met a lovely couple from France and went off on an adventure with them. We hired a car and went to the Peninsula Valdes, a hub of Wildlife especially of the marine variety.

There were loads of penguins, they were so cute. The male penguins were out fishing and the female penguins were looking after the baby penguins... the baby penguins were soooo cute, still half covered in grey fluff, they are still too young to have proper feathers.

Then after that we headed east, where there were 1000s of sealions & sea elephants. They were really noisy and quite smelly! The males were very fiesty and were fighting with each other over the females, contstantly. The females were just looking up to the sun, and there were 1000s of babys, really tiny and cute too.

We were so lucky to see three whales cruising by, they were so close. They were huge, black & white ones 2 adults and a baby one - popping to the shore to eat their tea..... the sealions!!

Then inland we saw loads of armadillos, who run very fast! Some llamas and some big sheep.
Will show you the piccis soon.

We are heading east again, to go and find some glaciars. Have another 25 or so hours on a bus!

Love You

Hayley

Happy Birthday Abi x










Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Killer WhalesKiller Whales
Killer Whales

Wish I had a bigger zoom!
ArmadilloArmadillo
Armadillo

Soft on the inside.... or is that a dime bar!


Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 29; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb