Atlantic Coast - Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
January 28th 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After another night bus we made it to the Atlantic coast and a town called Puerto Madryn. We stayed here for 2 days as I wanted to see dolphins and Penguins (not Deans ideal activity as it doesn´t get you out of puff). We spent the first day on the beach and the second on our trip to see the penguins. Unfortunately the dolphin trip was cancelled as it was too windy. A shame as the dolphins are half white and half black and this is the one of the few places in the world you can see them. So onwards to the penguin colony. It was fab thousnads and thousands of penguins and you just walk through them and watch them swim. The babies are growing up and having swimming lessons..very cute. On the way home we visited another Welsh settlement and had welsh tea. The tea shop we visited this time Deans school had visited last summer!

We left Puerto Madryn and headed to a town called ´Neocochea¨well very amusing. Again we picked a bit of a dump. When we arrived it was like a british seaside resort in the winter. The beach empty raining, windy and cold. Then at 4pm the sun came out and the place turned into a Brisyçtish holiday resort on a Sunny day....not a piece of sand to be had, deckchairs, parasols and people everywhere. Today has again been sunny and tonight it is off to Buenos Aires which we are both really looking forward to and hoping we can find the rugby somewhere!!

A month to go....speak in Buenos Aires
xxx

Advertisement



4th February 2008

And we were singing...
...Hymns amd Airas, Land of my Fathers ar hyd y Nos!!!!!!! 26 -19, Get in!!!!!!!!! Sorry Leanne, but just had to comment on the rugby as I know how much Dean will be rubbing it in!!! Still sounds like you're fitting in loads and having a fab time - look forward to seeing lots of photos on your return!!! Lots of Love always xxxx

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb