National Park and lakes


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Esquel
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Look out areaLook out areaLook out area

On the way to the park
About 50 kilometres away from Esquel is Los Alerces National Park. This is the name of the tree that the area is famous for. They are very old, 300 years plus, have a bright orange trunk, and are significant in this area.

The park also has many fine lakes and rivers as well as view to The Andes and one of the glaciers.

Autumn is a lovely time of year here, quiet, with few tourists and little traffic.

Temperatures are around 10-15 degrees, the forests quiet and the walks well set out with great viewing areas, plaques with information and seats and set aside camping areas.

There are various hostels and hotels but many are closed off as summer is the peak time for this area.

Walking in the forest is so quiet compared to Australian ones. The bird life is minimal and there are little insects at this time of year. I'm used to screeching cockatoos and lorikeets, crows carrying on and cicadas chirping away madly.

Only saw one animal, a hare bounding away, and one duck but the area does contain deer, pumas and various other animals too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The birth of the riverThe birth of the river
The birth of the river

Green lake creates the green river
Cane CalihueCane Calihue
Cane Calihue

This plant is found throughout the park and is so similar to bamboo


Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb