Trip to Urugray


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 26th 2005
Published: May 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mate anyone?Mate anyone?Mate anyone?

This time, I only shared "mate" with my wife. I´m sure other Urugrayians would have joined us if we had offered. Yikes!!
Candy & I took the the fast boat across the biggest river we have ever seen! It took 45 min. to cross at high boat speeds. Colonia, Urugray reminds me of Eurika,Springs, Ar except from the 1700´S, and with a French/Italian flare. One of the most interesting cultural habit of these friendly and kind people is there relationship with a type of tea-like herb called "Mate". It´s like don´t leave home without it! And, it takes a thermos of hot water and fresh herbs along with a "Mates"(a gourd that is cleaned out and decorarted for this purpose). Traditionally, they pass it around from person to person in a group while socializing with friends. I tried it their way. Yup, reluctently, but, what the heck...When in Rome... or that is, when in Urugray. By the way, it does gives you a slight buzz!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

"A  Unique Version of Ambiance""A  Unique Version of Ambiance"
"A Unique Version of Ambiance"

Outside this colorful restuarant in Colonia, Urugray, you find a model"T" Ford, complete with dining setup. Dinner anyone? Will you marry me? Just kidding!!
Candy ,tree, restaurant, UrugrayCandy ,tree, restaurant, Urugray
Candy ,tree, restaurant, Urugray

This town immediately captured our affection. Old, quaint, friendly, safe(Urugray boost; The the safest place in the Americas! Probably so...


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb