New digs in Recoleta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 11th 2005
Published: May 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sorry we don't have new pictures on line. We'll definitely do that tomorrow. We'l leaving our B&B tomorrow and moving to a flat in the Recoleta neighborhood. We were taxi-ing there every day anyway, so we decided to change. The flat over looks the Recoleta Cemetary and several other interesting places and has a bedroom plus living room, kitchen, etc. I dread packing all this stuff and moving, but guess that's part of it. We will probably take a day trip to Tigre, or to Colonia next week. Those are smaller areas close to Buenos Aires where city people take vacations. Gary and I are getting into the "Argentine" grove by sleeping later and dining later! We took a day of rest yesterday- in bed by 10 and up by 10 this morning! HA. We have tea or coffee about every 4 hours at a different corner cafe, of course, accompanied by 'medialunes' (halfmoons) -- croissants--as we know them. Went to the famous book store "Atenao" which is in an old opera house. Tried to tour Teatro Colon, 2300 seat opera house where Pavirotti and others have sung, but due to technical difficulty, will return on Monday for a tour. Gary wants to see the play "the Graduate" in spanish, which is playing here. There are plenty of movies to attend here in cinemas with restaurants, and plush assigned seats and popcorn carts outside the theater door. Little Rock is really missing the boat on the cinemas. We did see The Interpreter and loved it. Pam, keep a list of all the movies we're missing;most of the ones here are several months behind the US. We do have a great choice of foreign films, though, if we don't mind reading the spanish subtitles. We have to really be up for concentrating for that. Tomorrow we're going to an art exhibit because it's supposed to rain most of the day. That will be a good day to download pictures!! Enough text! Thanks for all your comments; it really feels good to hear from home. Carol B., Argentina is your country--steak for every meal, can't find green veggies anywhere!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb