B.A. again - for the final time


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
April 7th 2005
Published: April 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

- Food: Discovered little local places to eat which were cheaper and better.

- Area: Tigre is very pretty and not depressing after all (but still a ghost town). A longer boat trip on the delta would´ve been better.

- People: Tourist info centre in Tigre has friendly, efficient staff. Overall, I found the Argentinians to be very friendly and mostly beautiful! Even though we only seemed to be in the places where the older crowds hung out (bed too early to see the young out to play!)


Thur 7th: After not much sleep on the bus I nearly had my first loss. Left my jacket on the coach but luckily after a bit of hoo-hah got it back.
The nice men in the reception at La Perla recognised us which made me feel at home!
Had my first 'proper' hamburger in a little local cafe and the best OJ yet for the cheapest price.

We decided to go to Tigre again to actually do the boat trip on the delta this time. The train was so packed and there are loads of sellers on it. The main station at Tigre rather than the tourist train station leads out onto a much nicer street and our impressions were totally different this time.
The women in the tourist office gave us the exact information we were after and we went for a nice stroll along the river. Very peaceful and only about 2 other people about. We were so relaxed it was hard to move on to the long walk to the port to get the blimmin' boat. We only just made it on time only to find out it was cancelled because there wasn't enough water (?)

So instead we settled for an hour long catamaran trip which didn´t go deep into the delta - just up and down the island where all the posh riverside houses are. Not hugely exciting.

Back in B.A. we went local again (it is the best way) and had delicious pasta for yet again, very cheap price.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb