Bienvenido a Buenos Aires!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
November 20th 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello and welcome to our frist blog about our South American adventure!

After a terribly long and uncomfortable (however, Rash was ecstatic that we got the exit seats and could stretch out the whole way) flight from Australia we arrived in BA on Wednesday afternoon, in fact due to the time difference we landed exacty 2 hours after leaving Sydney...record time I am sure.

After disembarking and going through the non-existent customs (one woman with a bag scanner who seemed more interested in her lunch than protecting her countries border) we grabbed a cab to our hostel and had a little nap before venturing out for our first adventure and first taste of Argentinian steak!

On thursday we joined a tour to the boca juniors stadium and boca neighborhood. The museum was interesting but paled in comparison to the lunch that was awaiting - Argentina BBQ! Rashy dived straight in with a completo meat plate consisting of kidney, intestines, chicken, pork steak, pork rib, beef an other amazing things!!

That night, we experienced and dominated tango, starting with a lesson where Rashy was quite the hit with the ladies, then watched an impressive tango show. We continued
Boca neighbourhoodBoca neighbourhoodBoca neighbourhood

the most vibrant neighbourhood in BA
the dancing theme by going to a drag queen night club - kings cross eat your heartout!!

After a lazy day and night trying to catch up on sleep, we joined the hordes of tourists at La Recoleta the huge cementary in the centre of BA. While visiting Evita's grave was exciting, it was more incredible to walk through the maze of crypts...many if which had broken doors so you could literally reach in a touch coffins (if you were so inclined and obviously disrespectful).

We have one more day in BA, and then caught the overnight bus to Mendoza for a few days of quaffing the best of Argentinian wine.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Argentinian BBQArgentinian BBQ
Argentinian BBQ

Rash giving the chef a hand
Argentinian BBQArgentinian BBQ
Argentinian BBQ

Rash´s massive pile of meat
Dancing in BocaDancing in Boca
Dancing in Boca

Rash showing them how its done
La Recoleta CemeteryLa Recoleta Cemetery
La Recoleta Cemetery

The massive cemetery in BA - thousands of crypts, some open! CREEPY
La Recoleta CemeteryLa Recoleta Cemetery
La Recoleta Cemetery

Rows of crypts
La Recoleta CemeteryLa Recoleta Cemetery
La Recoleta Cemetery

Evita´s grave
Bus to MendozaBus to Mendoza
Bus to Mendoza

The luxury buses in Argentina - reclining seats, food, alcohol, bingo...?!


10th December 2010

What's new??
Hola P y R Hope you are both well. Has the SES called you back yet? As you probably know is has been wet wet wet here - you might have got to ride in the boat if you had been around. Anyway looking forward to an update on your travels Feliz Navidad!!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb