Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 19th 2009
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally made it to a cybercafe in Buenos Aires. Outside it's almost 40 degrees. Fortunately the airconditioning is cooling off this place.

Yesterday morning we arrived in the Argentinian capital after a long night flight with little sleep. Our group of 7 is staying in a cozy little hotel.
Kevin, the youngest of the group, is leading our way through this burning hot city. Fortunately the city has a lot of open spaces, with broad avenues and a lot of parcs. That makes it a very relax capital, very much unlike our hectic European metropoles. The people, much influenced by the Spanish way of life, are very relaxed and very friendly.

We've already quite some kilometers in our legs, and yesterday we probably overdid it a bit, because we weren't yet recovered from our long flight. In the evening we had a drink on one of the lovely squares and then went for a typical Argentinian steak afterwards. This is gonna be quite a carnivores' holiday! Fortunately no vegetarians in the group!
This morning we toured the city by bike, which went a lot smoother than on foot. A great way to discover both the city center and the quiet surroundings of Buenos Aires. In the afternoon we went to visit Recoleta cemetary, a bit the Argentinian Pere Lachaise, where Evita is burried. Burried is not the right word though, none of the death are underground. Instead there are all small houses,some real masterpieces of sanctuaries, in which you can see the coffins of a whole family lined up. Fascinating!
OK, i'm gonna throw in some pictures and then hit the shower, coz in an hour we need to leave for dinner. We're getting our first tango lesson , followed by a full show!
Tomorrow we fly over to the lake district of Bariloche.

Adios amigos!
Bartie x

PS: Mum is doing fine, the flight was very tiring for her but today she's enjoying to the fullest!

Bartie at the Puente de la mujer
Bartie dancing tango
Elvire and Els laughing
Elvire and Els before the Casa Rosada

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb