First Day in BA


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
December 28th 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

December 28, 2007
Today is our first day in Buenos Aires. We like our apartment we rented a lot! This is the least expensive place we’ve stayed and by far the biggest and maybe nicest. When we arrived about an hour late from our flight from Punta, we showed up at the Mayla Apartments to find Valeria from discoverBA.com and her daughter waiting for us. That was so unexpected and nice! She wanted to make sure we got checked in OK, wanted to give us some info on BA, and basically welcome us. How very kind!
Today we walked to the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes - a pink museum with all sorts of different paintings and sculptures - Manet, Monet, Renoir, Pollack, Chagall, Picasso, Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec, Gaugin, modern Artentine artists, 13th-14th c. religious works, etc. They were all scattered about - I think organized by the collectors who donated them. It was a nice museum. We then headed on foot towards MALBA, which is basically a collection of Latin American modern art. I think our favorite was the artist Bony - mixed media works (film, photography, glass with bullet holes, paintings).
The weather: when we woke up it was raining. By the time we were done
typical street scenetypical street scenetypical street scene

walking on way to MALBA
showering, it had blown over and we had incredibly blue skies and it was HOT. This is the warmest weather we’ve had and the nicest. The wind that has been with us the entire trip was welcome today in the form of a cool breeze amidst the hot, hot sun. I enjoyed walking around the parks that are in our neighborhood (Recoletta) and the museums. So much public art - sculpture after sculpture in the beautiful grassy road-side parks. I love it and wish we had more of it at home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

one of the many embassiesone of the many embassies
one of the many embassies

We walked all through the embassy area - I think this one was Haiti. They were mostly in beautiful mansions on very nice streets


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb