Held at Gunpoint


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Beunos Aires

Our starting point


Beunos Aires hola hola hola

Hi everybody, finally getting the chance to sit down and scibble out an email. So wevé been here a week, and what have we done. We arrived in Beunos Aires and it was freezing, our first job was organising travel to our hostel. I´d been studying my spainish on the plane and decided that i could negotiate the ticket purchase satisfactorally. of course i failed, Gracias was the first word out of my mouth instaed of hola, the trip had got off to a bad start!

I eventually managed to get the combi-taxi organised and off to BA we went. The hostel was an instant hit with us although the 20 odd irish who were there did make our adventure to the unexplored south america seem less exciting. The hostel had loadsa stuff organsied although we mostely did our own thing apart from aone night were we got pissed and talked shit (has to be done). Theres not much to see in BA, just stroll around and take it all in!

the food was great. massive t-bone steaks for next to nothing, we are however magaing to go over budget, ah well feck it. 2 days in we felt as though we had done most of the touristy stuff. Futball was not possible as the season is over, BOCA did win the copa liborade but we didn´t notice much partying. our last day would be our most exciting...

Day 3, we decided that we had seen most places so off to LA BOCA we went , i wanted to see the stadium and see if there was a tour (there wasn´t) emma wanted to see the mutlcoloured corrougated roofs which the borough is famous for. it did say in the lonly planet that there were a few streets you should stick to cause it quite a rough place. we took some photos around the harbour area, then headed toward the stadium - if you are ever in la boca BA do not venture near the stadium. up to it we went, took some photos, its a realy old massive stadium. on our stroll back to the harbour (bout 3 blocks) we were chatting about how this was a nice little area when suddenly.....

2 guys who were walking in front of us turned around and pointed a gun at us, yes a fecking big black gun. we tried to make a break from it out of sheer shock but one of them grabbed emma (she later said he was quite gentle and didn´t hurt her) i damed nead shit my cacks but had the composure to offer the wanker all the monet (small notes) i had in my pocket, he grunted no at me and pointed at my bag which i thaught containd my new camera. i hestited in giving it to him, meanwhile the other guy was grabbing at emmas bag but she would n´t let go. an old couple came around the corner and the 2 of the took off, as did we, legged it down to the harbour on the next bus back to the hostel.

Thank god they didnt get antin but as we later commented we should have handed over everything. it was a real wake up call, but happy to be okay. luckily it was our last day in BA as we were leaving on a bus to mercedes . a small little place 10 hours north of BA, and the gateway to our next adventure at the esteros del ibera national park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb