End of the Road


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the night after i lost my clothesthe night after i lost my clothesthe night after i lost my clothes

A VERY SEEDY morning after a big night out on the town. oh yeah and my American mate greg.
i have included this blog to describe the crazy things that happened on my last days travelling in South America and to document how ripped off i was at the new zealand airport customs check on the way home.

Well technically i have gone all the way around south america catching a plane from bogota to quito --> santiago chile --> then Buenos Aires... it has definately been a trek even though i have cheated at times and caught planes. My last days in Buenos Aires had been perfectly planned out...

shopping, drinking, shopping, drinking, eating repeat.

and all was going well till the last day where after some shopping me and some of the boys from the hostel decided to hit the casino for some wholesome gambling fun... of course me and the american raked it in 300 pesos or there abouts each and we decided to get absolutely blind to celebrate... as you do!

anyways... way to drunk i stumbled home from a night club appropriately called "Lost" and decided i needed a shower. so i jumped in had a shower dried off and went to bed...

... the next morning i realised
hostel BAhostel BAhostel BA

the milhouse hostel in Buenos Aires
i had a shower correct but after the shower i dried myself put on my underpants and then walked half naked through the first level of the hostel to my room... who knows what else happed but the moral of the story is i left my clothes in the communal bathroom which where now gone. the new shoes i bought the day before and 100 pesos left over from the winnings of the casino, oh yeah and my jeans and shirt. no one seemed to know anything about it so i am putting it down to a casualty of travelling.

then finally the transfer home... good old australia and new zealand decided to put a new clause into the carry on luggage rule when boarding aircraft. right now each person is restricted to carrying 100ml of liquid onto a plane in there carry on luggage this new rule came into effect on the 31st of march at midnight. although of course in buenos aires i spent 30 dollars US on 2 bottles of top shelf argentinian wine which could only be described as liquid gold and proceeded through customs at midnight on the 30th of march without a bat
home sweet homehome sweet homehome sweet home

breakfast vegemite on toast
of an eyelid from the customs officials. then on the 1st of april i was met with the customs at new zealand during my transfer to australia...just 3 hours short of home. and yes they confiscated the wine (probably drinking it now).

so the flight home was not the most pleseant but all in all it was good to touch down in australia. back to reality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb