Our last full day in Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our day started early as a few woke up early to a large electrical storm. Thunder and lightening started our last full day in Buenos Aires. It rained very hard until about 1 PM. There was to be a bike tour of the city for some of the girls but the weather quickly changed their plans and it was more "shopping." CD and her mom ventured to the district of Once and visited the large mall, which contains an indoor amusement park (think mini...West Edmonton Mall). They also managed to "subway" over to the Evita Museum and make it back to the hotel in time for the final team dinner together.

The highlight of the morning was Mr. Hall's spectacular entrance through the hotel lobby's main glass door. Unfortunately the only witness was Lynn who was in the lobby at the time. Be sure to ask her about it.

The walk to the restaurant was only three short blocks, but unless you had an umbrella you were soaked on arrival, from the downpour or from being splashed by passing buses and large puddles on the narrow street corners. The restaurant specialized in barbequed meat and everyone had more than enough to fill them up.

After dinner it was dessert at the gelato store across from the hotel and then everyone scattered to finish up whatever shopping they had left to do.

For the friends and relatives of all those on the trip, you should expect a windfall of gifts as there has been so much shopping going on that I am sure you will be the beneficiaries. I also suspect that when the girls return to school on Monday it will take one or two weeks for them to work through their newly acquired wardrobe.

We have check out from the hotel tomorrow at 11:30 AM and then we have some time as we don´t have to be at the EZE international airport until 2 PM, three hours prior to departure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st March 2007

hurry home
Don't cry for me Argentina..... The truth is I never left you, All through my wild days, My mad existence, don't keep your distance..... You know the rest.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb