Touring the City


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 21st 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent one day touring Buenos Aires in an organized tour, seeing a modern European style city with wide streets, beautiful parks, Eva Peron’s grave in a cemetery with lots of interesting mausoleums, a beautiful national Cathedral. A highlight was a visit to a very colorful area of the city which is now populated by artists. Originally it had been very poor and the folks painted their corrugated metal walls with whatever they could scavenge from the shipyards so all the homes are covered with wild paint colors and the whole area is like a street fair with bands and dancers performing for tips, artists selling their paintings, etc.
We went out to a nice dinner that night along a pedestrian mall near the hotel. Following dinner we went to a period Tango show where they showed costume and dancing styles starting back in the 1900’s. It was a fun evening that we finished in a pirate ship bar. This proved to establish a theme for our group the rest of the journey. (Where do pirates live? ARRRGentina.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb