Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On deckOn deckOn deck

Beautiful day
Today is our last “sea day” so it’s pretty laid back. We are sailing from Gibraltar to Calgiari, Sardinia. It is now 2:30 PM our time and we have about 320 miles to go to Sardinia. We are about 5015 miles from Ft. Lauderdale, and have about 1500 to go to the end. Several Europeans joined us in Madeira and again in Cadiz. We have discovered that this cruise could have been done in several configurations. Some passengers who got on in Ft. Lauderdale are not getting off in Barcelona but continuing around the Mediterranean to Greece, Turkey, etc., and ending up in Venice.
The Mediterranean is almost like a lake compared to the Atlantic. We are going with the waves and with the wind so it is really lovely sailing. The wind isn’t too strong and it is in the mid 60’s and sunny. We had lunch out by the pool and relaxed out there for a while. Lots more people by the pools that last week. Did I mention that this ship has 4 swimming pools, two are for adults only. There aren’t too many kids on this trip, probably less than 30, but last night our waiter told
From yesterdayFrom yesterdayFrom yesterday

Northern Africa when leaving Gibraltar
us that on spring break the ship had as many as 1000 kids; that’s 1/3 the total passenger capacity.
I went to the cooking demonstration this morning. The head chef and assistant maitre’d did it and it was entertaining as well as informative - don’t break up spaghetti or linguini when putting it into the pot of boiling water, and don’t add olive oil to the water. Then we toured a galley - amazing amount of food prepared. The ship can go for 21 days without taking on any foods. Their temperature displays and alarms look like what we have at the blood bank.
We went to afternoon tea this afternoon. Very nice with live music and beautiful sea outside the windows. We will try to go to the live theater tonight - it is a new show for the summer Mediterranean cruises. The Captain is having a champagne waterfall also.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

On deck yeterdayOn deck yeterday
On deck yeterday

Over-zealous Brit


29th April 2009

Cooking
Don't break the pasta? No olive oil in the water? I'm so disillusioned! You will have to share this information with me when you get back. I thought I was being a good Italian...

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb