June 25 - at Sea Again


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Sea
June 25th 2023
Published: June 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We have said goodbye to Norway and are on our way across the North Sea, heading to Scotland. After all our visits to interesting places in Norway, we have to say we really have enjoyed this cruise. There are still a couple of days left before we return home, so we will still be reporting more fun and relaxation.

This morning we got up and went to the dining room again for Eggs Benedict, or at least Janet did. David had Ham and Eggs. We then went to the Crooner's Lounge where Janet was able to spend the morning with her knitting friends and David was able to draft yesterday's BLOG story. After getting some final updates, we published yesterday's story. Hopefully you have had a chance to read it and will understand why it was not available until now.

We also did a final bit of laundry to make sure we were properly prepared for the rest of the cruise, and then spent the afternoon resting in the cabin. We did go up to the Horizon Court for a late/light lunch, but mostly we are saving space for a final Formal Night dinner. Oh yes, we also had the complimentary canapés in our cabin.

We did have a minor mechanical problem in the cabin. The door closing mechanism broke on our cabin door and it stays open like any regular door would. The cabin steward actually had to report this because it is a safety hazard in their view. In our view it is a convenience since all cruise we have had difficulty getting through the door with the walker. Right now, we are able to get through more easily. Tomorrow, they will probably fix it again.

For dinner this evening, we each had the seafood deviled eggs as appetizer. This was a pair of deviled eggs with a small sampling of various items of seafood. The Janet had Basil Tomato Soup with Gin, and David had Caesar Salad. For our entree, we each had the surf and turf, with Lobster and Filet Mignon. For dessert we each had the Chocolate Carmel Tarte. This was a delicious dinner.

We went to the ATM try to get some spending cash for tips for the waiters and steward, but it was broken. David was afraid he would have to go hunting for a bank tomorrow, but there was a work-around where we charged money on a slot machine and then immediately cashed out our line of credit. The casino manager doesn't like to do this because they don' get any transaction costs from the ATM, but that was what they had to do to keep happy passengers.

Back in the cabin, we settled down for the evening and watched some TV while doing stitching. We had seen the show in the theater from our Iceland cruise, so we didn't see a reason to go again. Tomorrow we will be back in the UK, so we finally get the hour of sleep back that they took away when we went to Norway. But tomorrow is a "tender port" so we will still have the early noise from them lowering the boats.

Not as much exciting information as yesterday, but we also enjoy the relaxing days at sea. Good night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb