June 13 - At sea, heading to Norway


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Sea
June 13th 2023
Published: June 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are back at sea again, this time on our way to Norway. We are sailing through the North Sea. The sky has been sunny all day and the temperature was in the mid 60s. However, we are zipping long about 18 knots and there must be a headwind too, because it has been really breezy on the open decks.

This morning we ate breakfast in the Horizon Court. There was a whole new group of people trying to stack food as high as possible on their plates. At least we have learned not to overeat, just because you can - these new folks will learn that in a few days. After breakfast Janet went to the Knitter's group in Crooner's Bar and found some of her previous friends were back again on this cruise. Of course, she also started making new friends too.

There has been some problem with the billing system, which David learned from the Customer Service Desk. Anyone who had the comprehensive Free Beverages package on the first cruise, started getting billed for the drinks here on the second cruise. They blamed it on a computer problem and are working to reverse all those charges, so we can continue having drinks this cruise too. Now, some salted carmel coffees and cokes, and a couple of glasses of wine later, they are compounding the problem further. Someday they will back out the charges.

Today was the traditional Martini Demonstration again. This happens on each first sea day of a cruise, partly to entertain the people and partly as an advertisement for their Martini Bar. Today David was able to get a picture of the Grand Finale where the bartender poured 11 drinks all at once. Then we went back to the cabin and watched another old movie.

We got a note from Valerie today with some sad news about the Brink's dog Elvis being sick, but good news about the kids and about our cat Nala. Apparently, Nala has started sleeping with Tessa and comes running whenever she turns on "Gilmore Girls" before bed. Now we will know how to call the cat if we can't find her around the apartment.

This evening is the first Formal Night in the dining room. Tonight, we were able to transfer back to last cruise's waiter (Cravy) although we aren't sharing a table with anyone anymore. Our old table has 8 Asians, so we wouldn't have fit in very well if we had joined them. But dinner was delicious with Janet having Halibut with Prosciutto and David having Duck a l'Orange. We both had crabcake appetizers. For dessert Janet had cranberry Sorbet and David had Turtle Cheesecake.

Tonight is one of the production shows in the theater and we have seen it before. So, we went back to the cabin and watched the narrative description about tomorrow's port (Haugesund), and then we watched a second Kingsman movie. That is all for today.

Advertisement



14th June 2023

Blog on!
Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about Norway 🇳🇴

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb