Sweatin' in Sveti Stefan


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
August 17th 2010
Published: September 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.2431, 18.9068It was a lazy morning after managing over 6 hours of sleep last night - woo hoo! Bummed around a bit in the morning, then headed out to Sveti Stefan after an epic breakfast at the hostel. I could've gotten full at any of the bakeries down the street for 2 Euros, but the hostel breakfast offered killer value and variety for 3 Euros, so it was tough to pass up. Sveti Ste... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zbzb
zb

Is "Waste water discharge into the sea is forbidden" a nice way of saying "Please don't pee in the water"?
zgzg
zg

The bus back to Budva - does pushing that little button in the middle mean hot coffee will spray all over your face?
zhzh
zh

Snack on the way back to the hostel - blueberry juice!
zizi
zi

Killer meat burek - for only 1.20 Euro, I got a large one that was hacked up into 4 or 5 pieces, each the size of the one pictured. Some of the best burek I've ever had - could've been a bit crispier, but it wasn't as greasy as burek typically are. Perhaps that's why it wasn't so greasy - the others probably use tons of butter.
zjzj
zj

The boardwalk - they were selling mini-donuts!!! I was super tempted, as I didn't get the chance to sample them at this year's Stampede. But upon closer inspection, they didn't look so good, and I skipped.
zkzk
zk

Ham and cheese pizza - blah.
zlzl
zl

Some kind of chocolate nut gelato - mmmm ... a nice second course for tonight's dinner.
zmzm
zm

There weren't that many of the human statues out in Budva, but it did give me a great idea for making money. I wouldn't even have to put on a costume - I get so many Chino stares as it is, I'm sure people would jump at the chance to pay to take a picture of me!
znzn
zn

The first ever Chinese restaurant in Budva. It's almost assuredly also the WORST Chinese restaurant in Budva.
zozo
zo

The concept of Feng Shui has magically found its way to Montenegro.
tt
t

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - Stari Grad's pier is lined with high-end yachts. Of course, it's not like I would know what a high-end yacht would look like, but these definitely don't look cheap.
uu
u

Quiet time on the beach.
zpzp
zp

Thank goodness for bakeries being open until midnight in Budva - I think it was jam-filled. Not great, but at midnight, you can't be picky with what you eat.



24th August 2010

It all looks so beautiful there. I gotta get me to the Balkans. :o)

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb