More relaxing


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
July 19th 2012
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

MenuMenuMenu

Look at the second item under Main Courses.
Geo: 62.9952, -8.48145

Second full "at sea" day. Second trip to the spa.

We started the day with breakfast in the dining room. There are two dining rooms on the ship, but it looks like we will always be in the La Bussola Dining Room. It is where we are assigned for dinner, and so far, it has been the only one open for lunch and breakfast. The other one says it is for overflow, but I did see people going in there for dinner.

Before leaving home, Philip and I decided that we would be good about exercising on this trip. We will have lots of time and no excuses. I went to my first exercise class this morning—stretching. That seemed like a good place to start since my oncologist says that yoga and stretching will help the neuropathy I have. It is better than a few months ago, but continues to give me problems. The stretching class took place in the Lirica Lounge. Not a good sounding name to inspire exercise and action, but that was where it was. The gym is not big enough to hold any classes without rearranging the equipment.

Lunch in the dining room provided a surprise.
Philip's LunchPhilip's LunchPhilip's Lunch

Stewed hound with tomatoes and black olives.
One of the items on the menu was stewed hound with tomato and mashed black olives. I knew that one of us had to order it just to see--turned out to be a firm whitefish similar to cod. Tasted good.

The spa visit today was good again, but not quite as good as the first treatments. I had a facial and Philip tried the four-hands massage. My facial included a long wrap—maybe thirty minutes of the ninety total—which isn't my favorite thing. Nothing in brochure talked about the wrap. I tried to rest, but I don't find cocooning all that relaxing. Philip said that his massage was not as good as the other one. The two people did not try to coordinate their work. Oh well, it is always an experiment when trying a new therapist.

Wardana, our waiter, is attentive and remembered the type of water we had last night. He and the assistant, Rixal, are working hard and keep moving and carrying those heavy trays like they weigh almost nothing. No one came to sit with us again tonight. We may have been assigned to a table by ourselves.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Philip and His Kindle FirePhilip and His Kindle Fire
Philip and His Kindle Fire

It got a workout during the trip. He finished more books on this trip than ever, I think, and got in lots of time playing Angry Birds.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb