In the middle of a heatwave


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
August 14th 2008
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.8048, 20.4781

After a long, suffering over night bus ride, we arrived in Belgrade at 8am . It had a very different feel to it than Bosnia and Croatia. We didn't waste time any time and headed straight to the hostel. It was a bit of shame that we couldn't check in yet. So we hung around the common room which was in the basement- nice and cool too! The guy at reception warned us that today was going to be a very hot day, near 50 degrees. After we cooled nap and had a little snooze on the lounge we ventured out into the heat. It was unbearable! We managed to drag our feet to a little unknown place called McDonalds. It was one of those times where you just want to go somewhere where you can read the menu and your meal is not going to be a guessing game. It was also air-conditioned and they had free internet. We ended up spending a bit of time there. Once we got back we were allowed in our room. All 7 of us showered and napped and then headed out into town to check it out and find some dinner. We walked through the main pedestrian shopping street and towards the fortress. It was still very hot at 7pm. We walked around the fortress and then headed to well known restaurant called ? for dinner. It was very traditional food. Stopped for a few drinks in a bar on the main street and talked about the past three weeks together. Tomorrow morning we were going our seperate ways. Next stop for me- two weeks in Greece.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1019.9kb