letter from sher


Advertisement
Vanuatu's flag
Oceania » Vanuatu
October 16th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone--
the following is a letter we (mom, dad and i) received from sher to be posted on the blog! enjoy! -b

We have settled into life in the training village. Our host family is especially awesome and they have provided amazing accommodations! Justin and I stay in a little bungalow house that is in the yard of their house. We arguably have the most ideal house of our whole group.

Each day we go to classes from 8-5. Although, with chickens roaming around and the light coming through the bamboo walls, we tend to wake up around 5:00 a.m. One morning we snorkeled in the beach that is in our front yard. After class, we spend time with our host family practicing the language and getting to know each other. tonight three kids wandered in to our yard and we experienced for the first time a high speed, excited, and very confusing conversation. they were laughing at how slow we washed our clothes. We told them we wash them with a machine back home and they told us something about TV and after that, I'm not sure. We just did a lot of laughing when they got to jabbering.

Tomorrow we are going to a wedding, so that should be interesting. As we continue to learn more about the education system, economy, etc of Vanuatu, our actual "project becomes more fuzzy. Apparently, we may be an assumed expert on everything from natural disasters to sustainable energy, so they are pumping us with all sorts of information. To some, this is overwhelming, but we seem to be accepting it all with vague understanding. We have heard we may get to go to the capital once a month or so, so we can e-mail/phone from there. Til then, keep us posted through snail mail. We love letters! (and get jealous when others get them).

Off under the mosquito net I go,

Sher


Advertisement



17th October 2008

cool in Kansas
Hey kids...I love reading about your experiences...still wish I was there. Especially now that the temps are falling in Kansas! It is really good to hear you guys are doing well and learning so many new things. sounds like you are adjusting to all the new culture....what an adventure. Take care...we miss you guys...love ya bunches...auntie carol.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb