Wallis Island


Advertisement
Tonga's flag
Oceania » Tonga » Vava'u
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about the lack of pictures on the last couple of blogs. On Friday, we waited for the customs and immigration people to come out to the boat. They never arrive so we went in and were able to do all the custom and immigration on land. It was late but I wanted to check my emails and put something on my blog before they closed. I had 10 mins. - not long when things are slow. I will put some pics up today.

Wallis Island, French territory, currency = Polynesia francs. June 26th. We motored over to the port Mata Utu capital of Wallis Island and cleared customs and immigration late Friday afternoon. The people of Wallis Island are very friendly - André - the Custom official was extremely helpful in telling us where to go and how to find things. Andre is from Martinique and spoke very good English - puts my French to shame!! The island has a very good feel -People are friendly, houses are cared for, places are well kept and relatively modern for this part of the world. After finding the bank and doing the internet we walked back wharf, where the dinghy was tied up.

On Saturday morning we up anchored and motored across to an island called Nuku

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb